Jan. 26 General Meeting
- This event has passed.
Jan. 26 General Meeting
February 4 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
VNA General Meeting
Jan 26, 2022 7:00 PM
Present: Mary Jo Draper, Teresa Grado-Spencer, Kathy Linder, Dana Meier, David Snodgrass, Chris Jordan, Delaney Smail MKCN, Rachel Whitsitt, Scott Simons, Charmaine Sanders, CJ Bai, Justin Short, Josh, Ryan &Cecilia King, Kelley Martin, Sandi Differding-Eaton, Lisa & Josh Parks , Crissy Dastrup, Justice Horn, Jim Martin.
- Safety update with KCPD Charmaine Sanders
- Patrol was present for Nelly concert last night which was canceled.
- 23 reports of property damage (mostly auto) recently. Be mindful of cars left running. Be mindful of what you leave in vehicle (especially visible). Report if your car was tampered with (eg if nothing was stolen but catalytic converter was tempered with).
- Can contact the police non-emergency line at 816-234-5111 or the station at 816-234-5510 to report or log onto website kcpd.org > crime > online reporting.
- Major Simons introduces Captain Jennifer Krump (Captain Central patrol PM shift)
- 3724 jefferson question – storage pod graffitied; Charmaine to check if reported
- Meet a new Valentine business, Lilly’s Cantina: Teresa Grado-Spencer
- 3711 SW trafficway
- Tues – Sat 11-8 PM
- Valentine’s holiday plans:
- no in person mtg on 2/14
- Love award will be presented at the general meeting on 2/23.
- Contest for the best Valentini recipe!
- Paying your dues
- Memberships due 2/14. Can put a credit card on file. Can check online if you paid.
- Short-term rental committee: Mary Jo
- Send input to Valentine email if you have input. Valentineneighborhood@gmail.com Committee chair Mary Jo Draper.
- Midtown KC Now update: Delaney Smail
- office hours at Westport public library wed and fri.
- next luncheon 2/17 topic ADUs (accessory dwelling units). Please register if you plan to come.
- Can contact at Midtownkcnow.org or email@example.com
- MGE Project meeting – email went to the VNA, meeting next Mon 1/31 5:30 – 6:10 development staff putting on meeting. Drawing submitted. Link in email in newsletter. (Zoom meeting).
- New members/engagement:
- Sandi and Cory Differding
- Word on the street
- Justin Short – 4th district at large KCMO city council. Campaign – neighborhood engagement specifically related to development. Wanted to say hello, looking forward to meeting us in person. firstname.lastname@example.org; justinshortforkc.com
- Justice Horn – Running for Jackson County Legislature. email@example.com
- Crissy Dastrup – running for 4th in district city council. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Concern about accidents at 38th and Southwest Trafficway. PD liaison will look @ it.
Minutes respectfully submitted by VNA Secretary, Emma Rea