We’ve had to suspend our neighborhood progressive dinner for several years during the pandemic, but its back again this year. On Saturday, Sept. 17 we will invite neighborhood residents to dine at four different Valentine homes, beginning with one home where we’ll have appetizers, a second home where we’ll have salads, a third home where we’ll eat entrees, and a final location for dessert.
Everyone is invited to participate. Here’s how you do it:
- Sign Up: Go to our webpage and click on the link for the store to sign up for the dinner. The cost is $10 per person. Deadline for signing up is September 10.
- Tell us what you plan to bring: Each person who comes to the dinner is asked to bring a dish. You can choose to bring an appetizer, a salad, an entrée or a dessert. We ask you to let us know when you sign up which you will bring so we can make sure we have enough of each course. If your spouse or other members of the household are coming, you don’t need to bring more than one dish. If you choose to bring an entree, think about what you would be served at a restaurant where the salad and entree were served separately.
- Volunteer to host a course: We’ve already got volunteers for the appetizer, entrée and dessert courses. If you would like to host the salad course, drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Deadline: Deadline to register for the dinner is Sept. 1.
- Time: begins at 5 p.m.
- Cost: The cost is $10 per person. The neighborhood provides drinks (alcoholic and water), paper plates, plastic silverware, napkins, ice, etc.