Please join us for a Valentine Neighborhood Association general meeting on Wednesday, Feb. 22 at 7 p.m. We’ll be meeting at our new permanent location, The Penn Valley Community College Education Center, room EC004. The agenda includes:
- The Westport Regional Business League: (WRBL) provides security, maintains beautification and promotes special events for the common business interest of its members. Since the Westport district is adjacent to our neighborhood, it is important to work with Westport on common issues. Executive Director Franklin Kimbrough will join us to talk about the current focus of the group and will take questions from VNA residents.
- Porchfest Returns to Valentine: Katheryn Golden, the producer of Porchfest, would like to bring the event back to Valentine this year. She’ll join us with early planning for the event and how the neighbourhood can get involved.
- Revised Budget: The VNA board will present a revised budget for the year and after discussion, VNA members will vote on the budget. SEE THE BUDGET PROPOSAL
- Candidate Forums: Valentine is participating in several candidate forums in advance of the April 4 primary and June 20 general election, when we will be voting for new city council representatives and several municipal issues.
- Updates from our various committees.
- Word on the Street: Your chance to bring up issues, ask questions and let us know what topics you would like to hear discussed in the future.
The meeting will be held at our new meeting location, the Education Center, room EC004, at Penn Valley Community College. The building is in Penn Valley Parking Lot A. map